Lacuna Memoria: Paragons
Part 1 - Colonel Fredrick Lawson
Skilled Soldier-Pilot who has seen too much and now desires peace
“I’ll never survive with Dead Memories in my heart.”
Weight: 230 lbs (w.o. armor)
Homeworld: Scion, Sierra System, Crux Constellation
Lifepaths: Born Citizen, Soldier, Sergeant, Armiger, Lord-Pilot Anvil, Anvil Lord
Reputations: The Tranquil Colossus (1D)
Affiliations: Scion Anvil Forces “The Jin Ren” (2D)
Relationships: Carl Fipps (1D, Friendly)
Citizen of the Commune, FUGAZI, Oddly Likeable, Anvil-Trained, Corvus & Cruxis, Iron Trained, Anvil Lord (Colonel), Tough, Brave
- I will not allow another of my close friends to be killed in front of me.
- I am an Anvil Lord; My authority will not be questioned by Hammer forces.
- Slavery and Organized Crime only add to the violence of this galaxy and should be abolished.
- If a violent situation is imminent, try to defuse it.
- When fighting, always shoot to wound.
- Never leave a man behind.
Technology of Note:
- Heavily Modified Suit of Iron “Colossus of Scion”
- Upgrade to Iron: 5D Space Boosters
- Upgrade to Iron: Transformable to Ground Car mode
- Heavily Modified Close Combat Katana “Kusanagi”
- Upgrade to Katana: Devastator Trait (Plasma Edging)
- Upgrade to Katana: It Burns Trait (Plasma Edging)
I was born to serve the People. If my mother nurtured me then the Scion military was my father and taught me all that I needed to be a tool of the People. I was only a child when I killed the first time; I made Sergeant in no time.
Not long after, I made squire to a Lord-Pilot in Iron. I trained with him, bore his armor and covered him through siege and assaults. Eventually, I was promoted to wear the Iron, the armor of nobility. Working my way up the ranks I fought in battles and lost men, some who I had trained from boot camp. I fought and taught those under my command, gaining my Full Bird as a Colonel for my greatest victory and my most crushing defeat.
Outnumbered, outgunned and wounded we could not see the daylight on Hades. I watched as the troops I knew for years were shot, vaporized and blown up around me. Fighting out of that disaster took all I had with only one other man of my unit making it onto the dropship.
When I was asked to report on the op, I was promoted for surviving such a terrible ambush, especially with my Master Sergeant alive. I couldn’t take it anymore, especially with the series of body-less funerals I had to oversee. My Full Birds were anchors that weighed me down as I saw the sorrow in the eyes of my mens surviving loved ones. Handing them the flag, I knew they blamed me for the deaths of their loved ones.
Despite my survival through all I’ve seen and done I couldn’t save them. Can a man who has no skills save that of ending lives redeem himself by saving some before his time is up?